Tuesday, September 03, 2013

American goldfinch

Eating seeds this afternoon among the trees at a nursery in Ladner:

American goldfinch, female, in drab end-of-season colours.

I saw this bird, and took her photo. When the camera clicked, she, and half a dozen other goldfinches that I hadn't seen, flew out of the trees, over a ditch and a fence to a stand of blackberries and other weedy shrubs. And there, I could hear them chattering away, but strain my eyes though I might, I couldn't see the least trace of them.

1 comment:

  1. Those little birds are so good at hiding!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger